Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Sun 24 Apr 05 8:36am

Stefanie

Forum champ
From Flashing my gold
Member since Fri 09 Jul 04

Re: COOKIES ANONYMOUS

Noted,Montana!

I'll be sure to try it when I'm craving a chewy yet crunchy cookie!
The moulding of the dough confuses me a little though....take me thru this Montana...

So you tear off the dough to form 2 crescents,then rotate and push together to form...like a wavey curl?
Huh? :shock:

Likes (0)

#32 Sun 24 Apr 05 5:20pm

Montana

Forum champ
Member since Mon 21 Feb 05

Roll the ball of dough between your hands.  Then holding the ball with both hands, pull it apart.

Now, rotate the left hand a 1/4 of a turn to the left (counter clockwise), so the "ripped" part is looking at you.  Do the same (but clockwise this time) with your right hand.

Both ripped parts are facing you.  Now, just push the smooth side together, so the ripped parts are still facing you.  Place on the parchment paper (ripped end facing the sky) and kind of pinch them so they stand up properly, at the base.

As you'll see when they sit there, they are pretty BIG chunks of dough - only put 6 per baking sheet.  Once cooked, the middles appear a bit higher than the rest.

Crunchy on the outside, nice and chewy as should be on the inside.

8)

Likes (0)

#33 Mon 25 Apr 05 5:02am

Stefanie

Forum champ
From Flashing my gold
Member since Fri 09 Jul 04

My thanks for taking me thru this Montana...I'll be sure to give it a bash!!

Something very different,these are savoury. Popular at parties and picnics,kids love them too. Good with cheeses or dips...enjoy!

SAVOURY COOKIE SWIRLS:
175g/6 oz self-raising wholemeal flour
50ml/2fl oz grapeseed oil, plus extra for greasing
1 tsp bouillon powder
125ml/4fl oz milk OR soya milk
1 tbsp tapenade of your choice
2 tbsp finely chopped mushrooms
1 tbsp red pesto sauce
2 tbsp red pepper flakes OR chilli powder OR paparika...you can do a mix.
1 heaped tbsp cream cheese
1 tbsp chopped spring onions
1 tbsp chopped mixed basil and parsley...fresh or dried it's ok.

Method
1. Oil a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
2. Place the flour, oil, bouillon powder and milk in a bowl, mix together to form a dough, then divide into three equal pieces. On a floured work surface, roll out the dough into rectangles measuring 15x10cm/6x4in.
3. Spread the tapenade and chopped mushrooms on one rectangle; the red pesto and chopped red peppers and chillies on another; and the cream cheese, spring onions and herbs on the third.
4. Roll each sheet up from a short end and cut each roll into six pieces. Place the savoury swirls on the prepared baking sheet, brush the tops with oil and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Serve the swirls hot with soup or cold with a selection of dips.

Likes (0)

#34 Wed 27 Apr 05 3:22pm

jay_joanne

Occupation Preschool teacher, mom
From Boston, Massachusetts
Member since Wed 30 Jun 04

Making your gingerbread cookies today, Luna.  I figure it will be fun for my little one who is home sick, as well as it is perfect gingerbread weather.  Although, I assume nobody will be eating the ones she decorates except for her!  big_smile Thanks for the recipe!
xx
Joanne

Likes (0)

#35 Wed 04 May 05 1:19am

ronii

From Egypt
Member since Tue 03 May 05

hey everyone,
can anyone tell me why when i bake chocolate chip cookies after i get it out from the oven in a while i find it sooo hard to eat??!!!!  roll  sad

Likes (0)

#36 Wed 04 May 05 6:22am

crystalgraceballerina

Occupation ballet dancer
From london (also canada and hk)
Member since Tue 21 Sep 04

hey ronii

my guess would be overcooked! i always try to undercook my cookies and muffins and banana bread etc so the stay nice and moist and gooey and yummy. overcookin' your cookies are probably drying them out too much. try to take them out a few minutes before the recipe calls for when the centre is still soft. they harden up more as they cool! good luck!

crystal

Likes (0)

#37 Sun 08 May 05 6:02pm

Montana

Forum champ
Member since Mon 21 Feb 05

What is your oven temp and how long have you been baking them?

Montana 8)

Likes (0)

#38 Mon 13 Jun 05 10:48am

Bob

From Jamie's office
Member since Wed 13 Apr 05

couldn't bear to see this topic drop off the forums so have bumped it up.

There are some amazing little recipes here guys - for all you cookie monsters out there  wink

enjoy!

Bob

Likes (0)

#39 Mon 13 Jun 05 10:07pm

Wednesday

From Paris - France
Member since Thu 09 Jun 05

Hi everybody !  big_smile
all your recipes look fantastic ! I will very soon try crystal's chewy oatmeal cookie !
I have a picknick next week and I would like to make smooth cookie like tje one I ate in California. I read on a french site a recipe with cream, but I can't find it anymore  sad
Do you have a similar recipe ? How long can you keep such cookie ?

Thanks
Weddy

Likes (0)

#40 Tue 14 Jun 05 12:10am

jay_joanne

Occupation Preschool teacher, mom
From Boston, Massachusetts
Member since Wed 30 Jun 04

Could you describe the cookie you tasted in CA a little bit more?  That may give more of a hint at what you're looking for.
In the meantime, for anyone who is interested in another recipe...enjoy!
Joanne

Candy Bar Cookies

3/4 C. butter
3/4 C. confectioner's sugar
2 Tbs. evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
2 C. unbleached flour

Caramel filling (recipe follows)
Chocolate icing (recipe follows)

Cream sugar and butter.  Add milk, vanilla and salt.  Blend in flour and mix thoroughly.  Roll out dough, half at a time, on floured surface to a 8" x 12 " rectangle.  Trim sides and cut into 3" x 1 1/2" rectangles.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 325F for 12-15 minutes.  Cool, spread with caramel filling and top with chocolate icing.

Caramel filling

35 Kraft vanilla caramels
1/4 C. evaporated milk
1/4 C. butter
1 C. confectioner's sugar
1 C. walnuts, toasted and chopped

Melt caramels with milk in medium saucepan over low heat.  Remove from heat, add butter, sugar and walnuts.
Mix well.

Chocolate icing

1 8 oz. package chocolate chips
1/3 C. evaporated milk
2 Tbs. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. confectioner's sugar

Melt chocolate with milk in small saucepan over low heat.  Remove from heat, stir in butter, vanilla and sugar.  Mix well, spread over caramel filling.

Likes (0)