Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
main courses | serves 6
This Greek summertime medley of baked vegetables is traditionally eaten with feta, but it’s also good with pork chops, and you could add other veg such as carrots or beans if you like. Either way it's a big bowl of summery joy!
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the aubergine in batches, adding more oil if necessary, for 5–7 minutes, until softened and golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the pan, with a little more oil if necessary, and sauté for 5 minutes, until softened. Transfer to the bowl with the aubergine. Add the potato, tomatoes, courgette, passata and 200ml water to the bowl. Sprinkle with oregano and parsley and season generously with sea salt and ground black pepper. Combine well with your hands and transfer to a large ovenproof dish. Drizzle with any remaining oil.
3. Bake for 30 minutes then turn oven down to 200C/gas 6. Bake for another 20–30 minutes, or until the top has browned and vegetables are tender. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe Andy Harris
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 10
ingredients• 150ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra if required
• 1 large aubergine, halved lengthways, then thickly sliced
• 1 large onion, thinly sliced
• 3 garlic cloves, sliced
• 800g large potatoes, chopped into 1cm cubes
• 6 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 12 cherry tomatoes
• 5 courgettes, sliced
• 300g tomato passata
• 1 tbsp dried oregano
• 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley