Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Rigatoni with roasted tomatoes & ricotta salsa
main courses | serves 4
Keep it simple with good quality tomatoes, roasted to release their intense sweetness, plenty of herbs and a creamy ricotta topping.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Put the tomatoes on a large baking tray, and season. Scatter over the garlic cloves, thyme sprigs and bay leaves then transfer to the oven and roast for 25 minutes, until the tomato skins are burnished and split.
2. Let the tomatoes cool for a minute or two, then pull them off the vines and place in a frying pan with the red wine vinegar and a pinch more salt and pepper. Squash with a spoon and simmer for 15 minutes, until you have a thick, strawberry-red sauce with an almost creamy consistency.
3. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the rigatoni according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving a cupful of cooking water, and add to the sauce with a little of the water to loosen. Drizzle over a good glug of olive oil and serve with grated ricotta and a scattering of basil leaves, if you like.
Recipe Anna Jones
Photo Martin Poole
from Issue 28
ingredients• 1.5kg ripe tomatoes on the vine
• 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
• 3 bay leaves
• 5 thyme sprigs
• A tiny splash of red wine vinegar
• 400g dried rigatoni
• 80g ricotta salata
• A small bunch of basil, leaves picked (optional)