Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Summer ratatouille salad
snacks and sides | serves 4 - 6
We're looking back to summer 2012 for the next in our fabulous 50 recipe countdown. If you’re lucky enough to have access to freshly picked tomatoes, courgette flowers and herbs, you can make a perfect summer salad. Just add grilled lamb or goat’s cheese to make it the main event.
1. Heat a griddle pan until searingly hot. Grill the peppers on both sides until blackened, then transfer to a bowl and cover with clingfilm. On the same pan, grill the aubergine and half the courgettes and their flowers till slightly charred; transfer to a bowl, season, and drizzle with oil.
2. Carefully take the seared peppers from the bowl and peel off the skin. Tear into strips and combine with the aubergines and courgettes. Scrunch the tinned tomatoes in your hands and add to the bowl. Pour in the sherry vinegar and drizzle over a little extra oil if desired. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, combine the remaining uncooked courgettes with the fresh tomatoes, herbs and mizuna. Season and drizzle with olive oil. Serve the two salads together with grilled lamb or goat’s cheese.
Recipe Andy Harris
Photo Kate Whitaker
from Issue 31
ingredients• 2 romano peppers
• 1 aubergine, sliced into long strips
• 400g baby courgettes with flowers, sliced, flowers left whole
• Olive oil
• 90g tinned tomatoes
• 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
• 400g tomatoes, ideally a mixture of cherry and heritage, smaller ones halved, larger ones sliced
• 2 handfuls of mixed herbs, such as basil, chives or parsley, left whole, plus extra chives snipped into 2cm lengths
• A handful of mizuna leaves