Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
main courses | serves 8 8
This Greek recipe is singing with sunny Mediterranean flavours and simplicity. Perfect for a balmy summer's night!
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Place the fish, carrot, onion, tomato, garlic and bay leaves in a baking dish. Season generously with sea salt and ground black pepper, then drizzle over the oil. Sprinkle over the parsley and add the wine, lemon juice and a little water.
2. Bake for 30 minutes or until the fish and veg are cooked and the sauce has thickened. Serve lukewarm or cold with an extra squeeze of lemon.
ingredients• 8 (about 2kg) small whole mackerel, cleaned and gutted
• 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
• 2 onions, peeled and sliced
• 4 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 3 fresh bay leaves
• 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 150ml dry white wine
• Juice of 1 lemon, plus extra