Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Aji de gallina
main courses | serves 4
This makes a great side dish to grilled meat or fish.
1. With a large knife, slice the corn kernels off the cobs. Transfer to a blender with 125ml of water and
blitz to a loose paste.
2. Pour a glug of oil into a medium non-stick pan and fry the onion and coriander stalks over a low-medium heat for 10–15 minutes until softened. Add the cumin, chillies and garlic and fry for 1–2 minutes.
3. Add the blitzed corn to the pan and cook gently for 5–10 minutes, until just simmering but not coloured. Season well, spoon the mixture into a bowl and set aside to cool.
4. Blanch the beans in boiling water for a couple of minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and set aside to cool. If you like, remove the grey outer skins and discard.
5. Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions then, while it’s still hot, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, squeeze over the juice from the limes and add the zest. Add the broad beans, toss well and leave to cool. Once cooled, chop the coriander leaves and stir through, along with the corn mixture. Spread the salad over a plate and leave to one side.
6. Put the whole block of feta, brine and all, into a small non-stick frying pan. Drizzle with olive oil and add a splash of chilli sauce, if you like. Bring to the boil, then cook over a high heat until the feta is lightly golden. Gently turn over and cook for a few more minutes on the other side. Break up the feta with a fork, add to the salad, drizzle over any leftover dressing from the pan and scatter over the reserved coriander leaves.
Per serving 345 cals, 13.5g fat (5.7g saturated), 15.5g protein, 35.9g carbs, 7.4g sugars
Recipe Jamie Oliver
from Issue 41
ingredients• 3 corn cobs
• Extra virgin olive oil
• 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 large bunch of fresh coriander, leaves picked and stalks finely chopped, a few leaves reserved
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 2–3 fresh red chillies, deseeded
and finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
• 300g fresh broad beans, shelled,
or 200g frozen
• 220g quinoa
• Zest and juice of 3 limes
• 200g feta
• Hot chilli sauce, to season (optional)