Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Anchovies in green sauce
snacks and sides | serves 8-10
The Piemontesi adore Italian anchovies, and anchovies in salsa verde makes for a delightful snack.
1. To make the salsa verde, pour the vinegar into a bowl and add the bread, allowing it to soak for a few minutes. Then remove and squeeze it as dry as you can get it, and finely chop. Put the chopped bread into a new bowl and mix in the parsley, chilli, garlic, cornichons and capers, adding enough olive oil to form a sauce.
2. In a clean glass jar, put a layer of the salsa verde in the bottom followed by a layer of anchovies. Keep layering the salsa and fish until the jar is full. Pour a little olive oil on the top to ensure the anchovies are completely covered, then securely put on the lid. Allow the flavours to mingle in the jar before serving. This can be stored
in the fridge for up to a week.
3. Serve as a starter or enjoy as a snack, with slices of fresh bread.
Per serving 203 cals, 17.4g fat (2.7g saturated), 5.7g protein, 5.4g carbs, 0.9g sugars
Recipe Antonio Carluccio
Photo Kate Whitaker
from Issue 34
ingredients• 200g anchovy fillets in oil, drained (Italian or Spanish are the best)
• Crusty bread, to serve
• 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 2 large slices of stale, good-quality white bread, crusts removed
• A small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, stalks finely chopped, and
• 1 small chilli, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 10 cornichons, finely chopped
• 15 salted capers, soaked, drained and finely chopped
• Extra-virgin olive oil, as required