Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Apple & celeriac soup
starter | serves 8–10
We always love a hearty, seasonal recipe and this one is a real winner. Creamy yet earthy celeriac is the perfect foil to sweet and sharp apples.
1. Heat half the oil in a large pan. Add the onions and celery and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until soft. Add the celeriac, apples and thyme and cook for 2–3 minutes. Add the stock, season, and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes until the celeriac is tender.
2 Remove from the heat and blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Stir in half the crème fraîche. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the sage until crispy.
3. Spoon the soup into bowls and top with the remaining crème fraîche. To serve, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the crispy sage leaves and hazelnuts or grated horseradish.
Per serving 237 cals, 16.5g fat (6.1g saturated), 6.5g protein, 14.6g carbs, 9.9g sugars
Recipe Anna Jones
Photo Yuki Sugiura
from Issue 23
ingredients• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 2 onions, sliced
• 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
• 1 celeriac, chopped
• 4 Cox’s Orange Pippin apples, cored and quartered
• A few thyme sprigs, leaves picked
• 2 litres vegetable or chicken stock
• 200ml crème fraîche
• A few sage leaves
• Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
• Toasted hazelnuts or grated fresh horseradish, to serve