Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
main courses | serves 2
Use wild or thin asparagus, such as spears from the first picking, known as sprue.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Beat the eggs with a little sea salt and black pepper. Heat the oil and butter in a 19cm oven-proof frying pan or cast-iron dish over a medium heat and sautÃ© the asparagus for 5 minutes. Add eggs, cook for 3 minutes then bake for 15?20 minutes until golden and fluffy.
2. Serve hot or cold, with a drizzle of hot sauce.
Recipe Andy Harris
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 3
ingredients• 6 eggs
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 knob of butter
• 1 bunch small asparagus, trimmed
• Hot sauce such as harissa, to serve (optional)