Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Baby vegetables with bagna cauda dressing
main courses | serves 6–8
1. Blanch the fresh vegetables in boiling water for 3–5 minutes then refresh in iced water. When cool, remove with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen towel to dry.
2. For the dressing, melt the butter and oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft. Using a slotted spoon, remove the garlic from the pan and place
in a mortar. Add the anchovies and capers and pound to a paste with a pestle. Stir the paste into the warm butter mixture.
3. Lightly drizzle the ciabatta with olive oil, scatter over salt flakes and grill on a hot griddle pan until golden.
4. Meanwhile, transfer all the vegetables to a large pan over a medium heat, pour over the bagna cauda and toss until warmed through. Season to taste and serve on a platter with warm toast.
Per serving 384 cals, 28.6g fat (6.8g saturated), 11.5g protein, 17g carbs, 5.3g sugars
Recipe Sue Fairlie-Cuninghame
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 16
ingredients• 140g baby asparagus
• 100g baby brussels sprouts
• 200g baby courgette
• 160g baby fennel
• 150g broad beans
• 250g baby leeks or spring onions
• 100g purple sprouting broccoli
• 160g sugar snap peas
• 1 ciabatta loaf, sliced, to serve
• Olive oil
• 3 cooked artichokes (optional), halved
Bagna cauda dressing
• 40g unsalted butter
• 120ml extra-virgin olive oil, (new season’s, if available)
• 3–4 garlic cloves, sliced
• 10–12 anchovies
• 2–3 tbsp vinegar-cured capers, drained