Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Beef hash cakes with chipotle yoghurt
breakfast | serves 4
This is the perfect breakfast when you have leftover roast beef. But if you don’t, a good quality corned beef also works a treat here.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed potato, beef, herbs, gherkins and mustard with some seasoning, until combined. Using your hands, roll it into four balls, before flattening each one into a patty.
2. Set out three shallow dishes. Put the seasoned flour in the first, the beaten eggs in the second, and the panko breadcrumbs in the third. Roll each patty in the flour, then the egg, shaking off any excess, then the breadcrumbs, until well coated. Pop them on a plate, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the patties gently for 4 minutes on each side, until golden and crisp.
4. In a serving bowl, mix the yoghurt and Tabasco, then serve it alongside the beef hash cakes with the dressed rocket, topped with a poached egg.
Per serving 468 cals, 28.2g fat (8g saturated), 20.3g protein, 36.8g carbs, 3.4g sugars
Recipe Joss Herd
Photo Laura Edwards
from Issue 46
ingredients• 200g cold mashed potato
• 150g leftover braised beef (shin, feather, or brisket), shredded
• 1 tbsp chopped parsley
• 1 tbsp chopped chives
• 1 tbsp chopped gherkins
• ½ tbsp English mustard
• 50g plain flour, seasoned
• 2 medium eggs, beaten
• 75g panko breadcrumbs
• 200ml groundnut oil
• Dressed rocket and a poached
egg, to serve
• 100ml fat free natural yoghurt
• 2 tsp smoked chipotle Tabasco sauce