Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Blackberry mousse with vanilla cream
dessert recipes | Makes 8 glasses
1. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, pop the blackberries and sugar in a pan with 100ml of water and simmer, until the fruit starts to break down. Place a sieve over a bowl, tip in the fruit and push through to remove pips.
2. Heat the blackberry liquid in a pan, then take it off the stove and add the soaked gelatine. Stir until dissolved.
3. Fold the blackberry juice through the whipped cream, spoon into glasses and chill for at least an hour.
4. For the vanilla bean cream, whip the cream softly, then fold in the vanilla seeds and icing sugar. Serve the mousses with a quenelle of cream on top and two blackberries.
Per serving 284 cals, 19.2g sugars, 22.4g fat (15.2g saturated), 2.5g protein, 19.3g carbs
from Issue 45
ingredients• 2 gelatine leaves
• 400g blackberries, plus extra
• 100g caster sugar
• 300ml double cream, whipped
Vanilla bean cream
• 200ml double cream
• 1 vanilla pod, split, seeds scraped
• 1 tbsp golden icing sugar