Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Bread, watermelon & halloumi salad
main courses | serves 6
Juicy watermelon goes so well with salty halloumi and olives in this Greek-style bread salad, and the whole mix is sweetened by the pomegranate and walnut dressing.
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Toss the lettuce, ciabatta and watermelon chunks with the olives.
3. Heat a griddle or pan and cook the halloumi on both sides until golden. Add to the salad while still warm, drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Recipe Andy Harris
Photo Kate Whitaker
from Issue 31
ingredients• 2 heads of baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
• 2 handfuls of frisée lettuce
• 6 slices ciabatta, toasted or grilled and torn into chunks
• 400g watermelon flesh, cut into chunks
• 50g green or black olives
• 200g halloumi, sliced
• Seeds of ½ pomegranate
• 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
• 2 tbsp pomegranate juice
• 30g walnuts, roughly chopped
• 3 tbsp olive oil