Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Breakfast yorkshire puddings
breakfast | serves 8
Can’t get your head round yorkshire puddings for breakfast? One, they’re delicious. Two, it’s the same basic mix as pancake batter, just baked instead of fried. The longer you can rest the batter, the better.
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Combine the flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Beat the eggs, milk and 100ml water in a separate bowl. Pour the egg mixture into the flour, mixing as you go, then whisk to form a smooth batter.
2. Lightly grease two 8-hole muffin tins with a little vegetable oil and pop in the oven to heat up. Once hot, carefully remove, give the batter a stir and divide it between the trays, filling each hole about two-thirds full. Divide the bacon, sausages and black pudding between the holes and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat some baked beans. When the yorkies have risen and the sausages are cooked, remove from the oven and serve at once with hot beans.
Recipe Ollie Smith
Photo Dan Jones
from Issue 21
ingredients• 150g flour
• 2 eggs
• 150ml milk
• Vegetable oil, for greasing
• 8 rashers of streaky bacon, halved
• 16 good-quality cocktail sausages, or 4 sausages cut into 4
• 1 small black pudding, sliced
• Organic baked beans, to serve