Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Broccoli & anchovy strozzapreti
main courses | serves 2
A Jamie office favourite is given a twist with anchovy breadcrumbs.
1. Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water, then set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over a low heat and add half the anchovies, breaking them up with a spoon until they have melted. Add the breadcrumbs and stir until thoroughly coated in oil and crisp. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Gently sauté the garlic in a large frying pan with a good drizzle of oil. When soft but not coloured, add the chilli flakes and remaining anchovies, squashing them again with a spoon until they have broken down.
4. Finely chop half the broccoli then add it to the anchovy mixture with the remaining broccoli and a little reserved cooking water to make a thin sauce. Season with pepper and stir well, breaking up the broccoli a bit as you go. Add the pasta and a good drizzle of oil to the pan. Divide between warm plates and sprinkle with the anchovy breadcrumbs to serve.
Per serving 412 cals, 15g fat (2.5g saturated), 21.5g protein, 44.7g carbs, 2.9g sugars
Recipe Georgia Levy
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 17
ingredients• 200g strozzapreti or cavatelli
• Olive oil
• 8 anchovy fillets, chopped
• 2 large handfuls of dried breadcrumbs
• 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
• ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
• 200g purple sprouting or long-stem broccoli, florets halved lengthways and blanched