Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
main courses | serves 4
Tomato, buffalo mozzarella and basil form a trio that will transport you straight to sunny Capri. Serve this soup at room temperature with some chargrilled ciabatta.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Place the tomatoes and garlic in a large roasting tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, until the tomatoes have burst. Take out the tray and leave to cool slightly.
2. Squeeze the roasted garlic from its skin and put into a blender with the roasted tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, sugar, basil, vinegar and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Blitz until smooth, then transfer to a jug and set aside to come to room temperature.
3. Heat a griddle pan and chargrill the sourdough on both sides. Serve the soup at room temperature in shallow bowls, with half a torn mozzarella ball in the centre of each, topped with basil leaves, cracked black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil, with the bread on the side for dunking.
Recipe Joss Herd
Photo Tara Fisher
from Issue 31
ingredients• 1kg mixed tomatoes
• 1 garlic bulb, cut in half widthways
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
• 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
• 50g basil leaves, plus a few extra to serve
• 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
• 4 slices of sourdough bread
• 2 x 125g balls of buffalo mozzarella