Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Casarecce with broccoli & anchovies
main courses | serves 4
Casarecce is a short, twisted type of pasta. If you can’t find it, penne is a good substitute.
1. Toast the breadcrumbs in a dry pan over a medium heat, until they are quite a dark golden brown. Take care not to burn them. If using salted anchovies, rinse and dry them. Run your thumb gently along the backbone to release it, and you should be able to easily pull it out. If using anchovies in oil, drain them.
2. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, put in the broccoli and cook until just tender. Lift out (retaining the cooking water for the pasta), and put into some iced water to stop the cooking and keep the bright green colour. Drain the broccoli from its iced water and pat dry. Heat the garlic oil in a pan, add the anchovies and stir with a wooden spoon to ‘melt’ them, taking care not to let them burn. Add the toasted crumbs and set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the garlic, chilli and broccoli, and stir until heated through. Season, add the pine nuts and sultanas, and cook for a few more minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring the broccoli’s cooking water back to the boil, add the pasta and cook for about a minute less than the time given on the packet. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water, and add to the pan of broccoli, tossing together well for another minute and adding a little cooking water to loosen. Scatter over the two cheeses, the reserved anchovies and the breadcrumbs.
Per serving 796 cals, 11g sugars, 38.2g fat (9.7g saturated), 29.3g protein, 80.1g carbs
Recipe Giorgio Locatelli
Photo Myles New
from Issue 39
ingredients• 40g breadcrumbs
• 3 salted anchovies (or 6 anchovies in oil)
• 450g broccoli, broken into florets
• 1 tbsp garlic oil
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
• 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
• 50g pine nuts
• 30g sultanas
• 400g casarecce or penne
• 60g each of fresh and aged caciocavallo (or pecorino) cheese, grated