Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
dessert recipes | serves 16
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Line a 20cm square baking tin (or the equivalent) with baking parchment.
2. Melt the butter and 70%-cocoa chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Stir in the cherries and nuts, then take off the heat.
3. In another bowl, add the sugar, then sift in the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder. Add to the chocolate mixture and stir till well combined. Mix in the eggs. If using, stir through the chopped chocolate.
4. Transfer the mixture to the tin, then bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes. You want them a little gooey in the middle. Remove from the oven and cool in the tray, before cutting into squares.
Per serving 245 cals, 14.3g fat (7.2g saturated), 3.6g protein, 25.5g carbs, 21.7g sugars
Recipe Paul Dring
Photo Kate Whitaker
from Issue 11
ingredients• 130g butter
• 150g 70%-cocoa chocolate
• 55g cherries, stoned and roughly chopped
• 55g roasted pecans, roughly chopped
• 225g caster sugar
• 55g cocoa powder
• 75g plain flour
• ¾ tsp baking powder
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 50g milk or dark chocolate, roughly chopped (optional)