Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Chicken & green mango Thai salad
starter | serves Serves 4 as a main, 6 as a starter
Recipe from Moraes of Manna stall at Broadway Market, London.
1. For the dressing, mix the fish sauce, lime juice and rice wine vinegar in a small bowl. Add the grated palm sugar, stirring, until completely dissolved (you might need to muddle some of the larger bits). Add the garlic and chilli then taste to make sure the flavours are balanced: it should be zesty, sweet and fresh, with depth from the fish sauce.
2. Place the chicken in a deep pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl of iced water to cool, then drain and shred the chicken and place the meat in a large bowl.
3. Add all the remaining salad ingredients to the bowl with the chicken and toss to combine. Divide among serving plates and drizzle lightly with the dressing. Sprinkle over peanuts, coriander leaves and chilli to serve.
Per serving 271 cals, 28.2g protein, 5.4g fat (1.3g saturated), 24.1g carbs, 21.1g sugars
Recipe Anil Guscott
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 23
ingredients• 2 chicken breasts (approx 300g)
• A handful of bean sprouts
• A handful of deep-fried beancurd (optional)
• 1–2 carrots, cut into matchsticks or grated
• 1 cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced on an angle
• 1 green mango, cut into matchsticks or finely grated
• A bunch of mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
• 1 small red onion, cut into fine wedges
• 2 spring onions, finely diced
• A handful of plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
• A handful of roasted peanuts, roughly ground, to serve
• Coriander leaves and finely sliced red chilli (optional), to serve
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp grated palm sugar
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1–2 red or green bird’s eye chillies, deseeded and finely chopped