Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Chocolate chip muffins
dessert recipes | serves 15 (makes 15 muffins)
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Grease your muffin tin(s) lightly with olive oil or rapeseed oil.
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder and soda and ½ tsp salt and set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together, beating until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated.
3. Beat in half of the dry ingredients until just mixed, followed by one-third of the yoghurt. Then beat in half of the remaining dry ingredients, followed by another third of the yoghurt. Beat in the remaining dry ingredients and yoghurt. Do not over-beat. Fold in the chocolate chips. Distribute the muffin batter equally among the cups and bake for 25–30 minutes, until golden brown. Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
4. Meanwhile, for the icing, add a splash of pomegranate juice to the icing sugar and mix together to form a thick paste. When the muffins have cooled, top with the icing and sprinkle with fresh elderflowers.
Lance Edwards is chef of Sauce Restaurant, which tours with Gifford's Circus. For more information about the circus and the restaurant, visit Gifford's website.
Recipe Lance Edwards
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 12
ingredients• 375g all-purpose flour
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 10 tbsp unsalted butter
• 200g sugar
• 2 eggs
• 360ml plain yoghurt
• 2 generous handfuls of chocolate chips
• A splash of pomegranate juice
• 2 tbsp icing sugar
• Elderflowers, to garnish (if in season)