Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Chocolate ice cream
dessert recipes | serves 6–8
Everyone needs a good recipe for ice cream. This one from issue 18 is a firm favourite with our team. It's very rich, so generally one scoop should be enough!
1. Put the chocolate pieces and milk in a heavy-based saucepan. Heat gently, stirring, until smooth, then remove from the heat to cool slightly.
2. Beat the sugar and egg yolks in a bowl until pale and thick. Stir in the cooled chocolate milk, then strain back into the pan. Cook the custard over a gentle heat, stirring all the time, until it thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Don’t allow the mixture boil or it will curdle.
3. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool, stirring occasionally.
4. Whip the cream into soft peaks, then fold into the cooled chocolate mixture.
5. Churn in an ice-cream machine, according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until it’s frozen.
Per serving 299 cals, 23.6g fat (14.3g saturated), 4.1g protein, 17.4g carbs, 16.7g sugars
Recipe Ginny Rolfe
Photo Jonathan Gregson
from Issue 18
ingredients• 100g dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, broken into pieces
• 300ml full-fat milk
• 85g sugar
• 3 egg yolks
• 300ml whipping cream