Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Chocolate mousse & compote
dessert recipes | serves 8
Using a good-quality, ready-made compote is an easy cheat here.
1. Melt the chocolate with a tiny pinch of salt in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (don’t let it touch the bowl), stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, beat the sugar and egg yolks until smooth. Whisk the whites with a tiny pinch of salt until soft peaks form. In a third bowl, beat the cream to soft peaks.
3. Mix the cocoa into the egg yolks then fold in the whipped cream. Fold through the melted chocolate until everything is combined. Tip in the egg whites and fold until the mix is smooth and evenly coloured. Spoon into a large serving bowl or divide between glasses. Cover with clingfilm then refrigerate for 1–2 hours to set.
4. Just before serving, gently warm the compote and brandy in a small pan, stirring, then spoon over the mousse and serve.
Per serving 279 cals, 20.8g fat (11.8g saturated), 6.6g protein, 22.8g carbs, 20.8g sugars
Recipe Jamie Magazine
Photo Anders Sconnemann
from Issue 27
ingredients• 150g 70%-cocoa chocolate, broken into small pieces
• 50g sugar
• 4 eggs, separated
• 150ml double cream
• 1 tbsp cocoa powder
• 9 tbsp apricot or cherry compote
• 4–5 tbsp brandy