Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Christmas pudding trifle
dessert recipes | serves 6
While this makes a luxurious finish to a Boxing Day dinner, it would also be a brilliant dessert to serve on Christmas Day. The amount of pudding is just a guide – use whatever you have.
1. Preheat the oven to 110C/gas ¼. Make a custard by bringing the milk and 200ml cream to the boil with a grating of nutmeg. Meanwhile, whisk the yolks and sugar till pale. Divide the pudding between six clean 200ml jars.
2. Once the cream mixture reaches boiling point, pour over the yolks, stirring constantly. Strain the custard into the jam jars, then place on a tray and bake for 30–40 minutes, till just set. Chill for a couple of hours.
3. To serve, top the trifles with crushed biscuits, then brandy cream. Finish with a sprinkle of toasted almonds.
Recipe Tristan Welch
Photo Jonathan Gregson
from Issue 14
ingredients• 300ml milk
• 200ml double cream
• 6 egg yolks
• 70g sugar
• 180g Christmas pudding, crumbled
• 12 crisp amaretti biscuits, crushed
• 150ml double cream, whipped with a dash of brandy
• 1 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted