Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
main courses | serves 8
Weve used courgette and chard here, but you can use any vegetables that are in season.
1. Start by making a sofrito frying off the aromatic ingredients to make the base of your soup. Add a glug of oil to a pan and place over a medium heat.
2. Stir in the bacon, onions, carrots, celery, fennel, garlic and basil stalks, and sautι gently (lower the heat if needs be) for 1520 minutes, until everything is soft, but not coloured.
3. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Tip in the tomatoes and courgettes. Bring back to the boil, and simmer on a low heat for around 15 minutes.
4. Mix in the cabbage or chard, the beans and their juice and the stock. Bring to the boil, then add the pasta.
5. Simmer over a medium heat until the pasta is cooked, 1012 minutes, depending on your pasta. If the soup is too thick, add a little stock or water.
6. Season to taste, then rip in the basil leaves (saving a few to serve) and dress with a few lugs of new season olive oil. Stir, and serve with the saved basil and a grating of parmesan.
Per serving 227 cals, 10.5g sugars, 8.4g fat (1.6g saturated), 12.1g protein, 22.6g carbs
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Lofts
ingredients Olive oil
4 rashers smoked streaky
2 red onions, finely chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
1 fennel bulb, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
½ bunch of basil, leaves picked
and stalks finely chopped
125ml red wine
2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
2 courgettes, halved lengthways and sliced
300g savoy cabbage or chard, core removed, leaves washed and sliced
400g tin cannellini beans
800ml organic chicken or vegetable stock
75g dried pasta (shells or odd ends)
New season extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan, to serve