Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Conchiglie with fennel, sausage & squash
main courses | serves 6
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Place the squash on a roasting tray, drizzle with oil, season and sprinkle over half of the rosemary. Roast for 25 minutes, until soft and beginning to caramelise around the edges.
2. In a bowl, pour 60ml of the milk over the bread and soak for 10 minutes.
3. In a pan, sautι the onion and fennel in a little oil for 15 minutes, until caramelised. Add the garlic and fennel seeds, cook for 2 minutes, then transfer the mixture to a bowl.
4. Turn down the oven to 180C/gas 4. Squeeze out the sausage meat and add it to the bowl along with the soaked bread. Season, mix well, then shape into about 20 little balls.
5. Add another splash of oil to the pan and cook the meatballs over a medium heat for 34 minutes, until browned, then set aside.
6. Pour the rest of the milk into a pan and place it over a low heat. Add the flour, butter and wine (if using), and whisk for 45 minutes, until it thickens. Season, then stir in a grating of nutmeg and half the parmesan.
7. Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes, or until al dente, then drain.
8. Pour the bιchamel into a shallow baking dish. Push the pasta shells into it, then fill them with the meatballs and squash. Scatter over the taleggio and remaining parmesan and rosemary. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes, until golden, removing the foil halfway through. Leave to cool slightly, then serve.
Per serving: 591 cals, 31g fat (13.4g saturated), 21.3g protein, 60.7g carbs, 13g sugars
Recipe Lizzie Harris
from Issue 48
ingredients 1 small butternut squash, peeled
and chopped into 3cm cubes
12 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
2 slices of stale white bread
(crusts removed), torn into pieces
½ small onion, finely chopped
½ small fennel bulb, core removed and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
350g (5 large) pork sausages
50g plain flour
A splash of white wine (optional)
A good grating of nutmeg
30g parmesan, grated
250g (about 35) conchiglie shells
50g taleggio, torn up