Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
drinks | serves 2
Rose-infused sugar and salt adds real wow factor to this refreshing cucumber gin cocktail.
1. First make your rose sugar salt by bashing the rose petals, salt and sugar with a pestle and mortar until you have a fairly fine consistency. Pour into a shallow bowl and set aside.
2. Blitz the cucumber in a blender with the coriander and apple juice, then strain through a sieve to get the juice.
3. Pour the rose water into a shallow bowl, dip the rims of 2 highball glasses into it, then dip them into the rose sugar salt. Fill the glasses with ice.
4. Working quickly, pour the cucumber juice into a cocktail shaker with the gin, a pinch of the rose sugar salt and ice and shake for 10 seconds. Strain into the glasses and serve.
Note If you can't find rose water and dried rose petals in the shops you can buy them at theasiancookshop.co.uk.
Per serving 85 cals, 0.2g fat (0g saturated), 1g protein, 18.7g carbs, 18.6g sugars
Recipe Georgie Socratous
Photo Gareth Morgans
from Issue 37
ingredients• ½ cucumber
• 1 sprig of coriander
• 200ml apple juice
• 3 tbsp rose water (see note)
• 75ml good-quality gin
Rose sugar salt
• 1 tbsp dried rose petals (see note)
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 4 tbsp granulated sugar