Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
dessert recipes | serves 6
1. Put the milk, orange and lemon zests, cinnamon and vanilla pod in a saucepan and gently bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to infuse for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and cornflour until pale and creamy. Pass the milk through a sieve and discard everything else. Return the milk
to the pan over a medium heat. Just before it reaches boiling point, slowly add the egg mixture, whisking continuously until it begins to thicken, about 7 minutes.
3. When the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, remove it from the heat and pour into individual dishes or ramekins. Cover each serving with a disc of greaseproof paper to prevent a skin from forming, and let it cool before placing in the fridge.
4. To serve, remove the greaseproof paper, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar on top of each crema and caramelise using a blowtorch. Alternatively, place the sugared cremas on a tray under a preheated gas grill for a few minutes, until the sugar turns dark brown. Allow the sugar to harden, then serve immediately.
Per serving 261 cals, 34.3g sugars, 9.6g fat (4.3g saturated), 6.7g protein, 36.7g carbs
Recipe Sam and Sam Clark
Photo Yuki Sugiura
from Issue 41
ingredients• 500ml whole milk
• Zest of ½ orange
• Zest of ½ lemon
• ½ cinnamon stick
• 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
• 7 egg yolks
• 95g sugar, plus 6 tbsp
extra, to serve
• 10g cornflour