Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Crispy chorizo & squid salad
starter | serves 4 as a starter
"This Spanish-style salad is great with a glass of chilled sherry or sweet wine," says Jamie. "It’s reminiscent of a balmy summer’s evening in Spain, so close your eyes and pretend you’re there."
1. Pile up the sliced red onion on a platter, add a splash of sherry vinegar and gently toss so it starts to pickle slightly. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, fry the chorizo in a pan over a medium heat for 3–4 minutes, or until it’s crispy and all the fat has rendered out. Add a good splash of sherry vinegar and toss it all around, then set aside.
3. Meanwhile, season the squid tubes and tentacles then fry with a splash of oil over a high heat for 2–3 minutes, until golden.
4. Quickly toss the parsley leaves with the red onion. Scatter over the chorizo, then top with the squid and eat straight away.
Per serving 250 cals, 16.3g fat (4.7g saturated), 21.8g protein, 3.6g carbs, 1.4g sugars
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 21
ingredients• 1 red onion, finely sliced
• Sherry vinegar
• 100g raw chorizo, finely sliced
• 4 cleaned squid, tentacles reserved, finely sliced
• Olive oil
• ˝ bunch of flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked