Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Crusted lamb rack with rhubarb
main courses | serves 6
This almond- and herb-coated lamb gives a twist to your Sunday roast.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Slice the rhubarb into 5cm pieces and place in a roasting tray. Drizzle with honey and a good glug of olive oil, mix well, then spread out evenly over the pan.
2. Blitz the almonds in a food processor with the herbs, then transfer to a bowl. Stir in the breadcrumbs and season.
3. Using a sharp knife, score the fat on the lamb, rub in the mustard, then pat on the breadcrumb mix. Place the lamb on the rhubarb, drizzle with oil and cook for 25–35 minutes for medium, or a further 5–10 minutes for well done. Rest for 5–10 minutes, then carve into cutlets and serve with the rhubarb.
Per serving 470 cals, 29.2g fat (9.9g saturated), 18.7g protein, 30.8g carbs, 29.2g sugars
Recipe Georgie Socratous
Photo Peter Cassidy
from Issue 15
ingredients• 750g rhubarb
• 6 tbsp honey
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• 75g whole or flaked almonds
• A bunch of mixed herbs, such as parsley, mint or chives, leaves picked
• A handful of breadcrumbs
• 2 racks of lamb
• 2 tbsp dijon mustard