Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Cumberland sausage casserole
main courses | serves 4
1. Put the sausages in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil, the shallots, 2?3 sprigs of the rosemary and a few pinches of salt and black pepper. Toss gently, and place on a medium heat. Cook for about 20 minutes, moving everything around to brown evenly. Pour in the wine and simmer gently until it?s almost gone, then add the tomatoes and beans, bring them to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Spoon the casserole into a baking dish and bake for 10?15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a large pan over a medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil, the garlic and chilli, the chopped leaves of the remaining rosemary and the breadcrumbs, and stir-fry until golden brown. Take the stew out of the oven, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, then return to the oven for 20 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and red wine.
Recipe Pete Begg
Photo William Meppem
from Issue 1
ingredients• 6 thick cumberland sausages
• Olive oil, for frying
• 10 banana shallots, peeled
• 5 rosemary sprigs
• 1 large glass red wine
• 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
• 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
• 4 small dried chillies, crumbled
• 2 large handfuls breadcrumbs
• Crusty bread, to serve