Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Curried cauliflower, potatoes, chickpeas & spinach
main courses | serves 4
1. Cook the cauliflower in salted boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain, reserving about 150ml cooking water.
2. Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain.
3. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan or saucepan over a low heat and sauté the garlic, onion and chilli until softened. Stir in all the spices, season, and cook for a few minutes. Add the cauliflower, potatoes and reserved cooking water, then simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes. Add the chickpeas and spinach. Cook, stirring, until the spinach wilts. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with a dollop of yoghurt and a good squeeze of lime juice.
Recipe Andy Harris
Photo Sam Stowell
from Issue 14
ingredients• 1 cauliflower, separated into florets
• 800g potatoes, roughly chopped
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp butter
• 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 1 long green chilli
• 1 tsp ground turmeric
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1 tsp mustard seeds
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp curry powder or garam masala
• 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
• 250g baby spinach leaves
• Yoghurt and lime juice, to serve