Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Delicious winter salad
snacks and sides | serves 6–8
"This is really nice served with a simple pasta, with leftover cold meats, in a sandwich or with a simple jacket potato and knob of butter. Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge then served as a really posh coleslaw,” says Jamie.
1. Put the sliced cabbages, carrot and spring onion in a large bowl and if you’re lucky enough to have any other interesting winter cabbages leaves, you can add those into the mix too.
2. Put your milk in a pan on a medium heat with the garlic and anchovies and bring to simmer. Let it cook for 10 minutes until the garlic cloves are soft, then pour everything into a liquidiser. Add the vinegar, olive oil and mustard and blend for a few minutes then stop and have a taste. You want it to be quite acidic but if it’s too acidic add a bit of oil for balance. Add good pinches of sea salt and freshly ground pepper then pour over the sliced veg.
3. Use your hands to toss and dress everything and get everyone around the table. Heat the seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes until warm then scatter them over the salad. Sprinkle over your mint leaves, then eat it immediately.
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo Jamie Oliver
from Issue 2
ingredients• ½ red cabbage, quartered and finely shredded
• ½ white cabbage, quartered and finely shredded
• 2 large carrots, peeled and finely sliced
• 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
• A few shoots from winter cabbages like kale or cavolo nero, optional
• 1 mug of milk (about 300ml)
• 6 cloves garlic, peeled
• 4 anchovies
• 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• Handful mixed seeds like poppy, sesame and sunflower
• Small bunch fresh mint, leaves picked and torn