Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Epic egg salad
main courses | serves 4
When they’re properly done, egg salads are out of this world. I’ve made a salad cream to ensure this old-school dish is top notch.
1.Marinate the anchovies in a bowl with the reserved oil, lemon zest and juice, and a little of the parsley and chives.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the salad cream ingredients, then season to taste and set aside.
3. Make the chilli salt by bashing the chilli and salt with a pestle and mortar. Set aside.
4. Boil the eggs in salted water for about 6 minutes, refresh in cold water until cool enough to handle, then peel each egg and set aside.
5. Arrange the lettuce leaves and chicory on a serving platter. Scatter over the remaining chopped parsley and chives, snip over the cress, then halve the eggs and placeon top. Sprinkle over some chilli salt and divide the anchovies between the eggs, drizzling over a little of the anchovy marinade too. Serve with the salad cream on the side – so simple, so delicious.
Per serving 332 cals, 30.1g fat (3.7g saturated), 9.6g protein, 4.2g carbs, 2.9g sugars
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 36
ingredients• 4 anchovies in olive oil, halved lengthways, reserving 1 tbsp of the oil
• Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
• A small bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
• A small bunch of chives, finely chopped
• 4 eggs
• 2 round lettuces, small inner leaves picked
• 1 red chicory, base finely sliced, leaves separated
• 1 white chicory, base finely sliced, leaves separated
• 1 x 20g punnet cress
• ½ garlic clove, crushed
• 2 tsp dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp cider vinegar
• 6 tbsp rapeseed oil
• 3 tbsp buttermilk
• 1 dried red chilli
• 3 tbsp sea salt