Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Fig & almond kulfi
dessert recipes | serves 4
1. Place the milk in a pan with the cardamom husks on a medium heat. When it boils, lower the heat, stirring constantly (this should stop it boiling over). After 3 or 4 minutes, it should stabilise, though you should still stir regularly to make sure no milk solids stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.
2. When the milk has reduced to about one litre, stir in the sugar, take off the heat and leave to cool. When cold, remove the cardamom husks and add the figs, almonds and cardamom seeds.
3. Pour the mixture into 4 freezable kulfi moulds, and freeze for 4 hours or overnight, until frozen solid.
4. Turn the kulfi out of its moulds and serve, drizzled with honey.
Recipe Deep Mohan Singh Arneja
Photo Tara Fisher
from Issue 1
ingredients• 1.5 litres whole milk
• 2 green cardamom pods, deseeded, both pod husks and seeds reserved
• 80g caster sugar
• 30g dried figs, sliced
• 20g blanched almonds, slivered
• Runny honey, to serve