Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Fish baked in banana leaves
main courses | serves 4
1. In a blender, whizz up all ingredients except the fish, banana leaves and choi sum. Cut a few gashes in the fish skin and rub the spice paste into the skin side of the fillets. Place in a bowl, cover and marinate for up to 2 hours in the fridge.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Blanch the banana leaves for a couple of minutes in a large pan and cut each leaf in half across the middle. Place a pile of choi sum leaves on each half leaf, lay a fish fillet on top, then wrap up into a parcel, securing with a skewer if needed. Place the parcels on a baking tray and bake for 10–12 minutes.
3. Serve with rice, lime wedges and chopped chilli.
Recipe Kate McCullough
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 8
ingredients• 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
• 2–3 green chillies
• 2 lemongrass stalks, outer layers discarded
• 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tsp sugar
• zest and juice of
• small bunch of coriander
• 4 fillets sea bass, sea bream or similar
• 2 banana leaves
• 100g choi sum (or bok choi or similar)
• rice, lime wedges and finely chopped red chilli, to serve