Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Fish baked in salt
main courses | serves 2
1. Preheat oven to 200C/gas 6. Place salt and egg whites in a bowl and combine. Spread a layer of salt mixture over the base of a large oval ovenproof dish. Place fish on top and top with remaining mixture. Stick bay leaves and thyme into salt crust and bake for 40 minutes. Remove fish from oven and cool for a few minutes then, using a knife, break salt crust and discard. Scrape off the fish skin and remove the flesh from the bones. Serve with lemon wedges and a drizzle of olive oil.
Note: If you want to use two infused salts, as we have, separately combine 500g each of lemon and chilli salts with 1 egg white.
Lemon zest sea salt is available from Jme.
Recipe Andy Harris
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 1
ingredients• 1kg (depending on dish size ) lemon zest sea salt (see note)
• 2–3 sprigs of fresh thyme
• 2–3 bay leaves
• 2 egg whites
• 1 (550g) sea bass, cleaned, scales on
• 1 (550g) black bream, as above
• Lemon wedges and extra-virgin olive oil, to serve