Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Five-spice salmon tacos with minty cucumber
main courses | serves 4
1. Rub the salmon flesh (but not the skin) with the spice powder, a drizzle of oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium
heat and place the salmon skin-side down in the pan and cook for 8–9 minutes or until nearly cooked through and the skin is crispy. Flip them over, immediately remove from the heat and allow to finish cooking through in the residual heat. Combine the herbs and yoghurt; season to taste. Using a speed peeler, peel the cucumber into ribbons, into a bowl. Stir in
the shallots and chilli. Sprinkle over the vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt, and mix with your hands to combine the flavours.
2. Place a tortilla on each plate and flake over the salmon fillets, including any crispy skin. Add a dollop of the herby yoghurt, the minty cucumber (squeezing out any liquid) and the coriander leaves. Roll up and enjoy.
from Issue 40
ingredients• 4 x 125g salmon fillets, skin on
• 2–3 tsp five spice powder
• Olive oil
• A small bunch of mint, leaves picked and finely chopped • ½ bunch of coriander, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
• 150g plain fat-free yoghurt
• 1 cucumber
• 2 shallots, finely sliced
• 1 red chilli, finely sliced
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• A pinch of sugar
• 4 corn or flour tortillas