Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Fowey mussels with cider, apple & cream
main courses | serves 2
1. In a frying pan on a medium heat, fry the shallot and garlic in the butter until soft. Add the apple and fry for another minute. Add mussels and cider, cover with a lid and steam until the mussels open (discard any that remain closed). Pour over the double cream, stir through and season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe is from Grant Nethercott, chef of Alba restaurant, which is housed in the old lifeboat house in St Ives. For more about Alba or to make a booking, visit its website.
Recipe Grant Nethercott
Photo Con Poulos
from Issue 5
ingredients• 2 shallots, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• Large knob of butter
• 1 apple, peeled, cored, diced
• 350g mussels, cleaned and debearded (discarding any that won’t close)
• 70ml Cornish or other medium cider
• 70ml double cream
• 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley