Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Fried stuffed olives
snacks and sides | Serves 12 as a nibble
These delicious little bites are totally worth the effort ? the perfect canapé with drinks, you can be sure they'll all get eaten.
1. Pour the passata into a wide dish and add the olives, making sure they are all submerged. Set it aside to soak for about 1 hour.
2. Beat the feta and capers together to form a rough paste. Remove the soaked olives from the passata, keeping the sauce to one side. Gently roll little balls of the feta mixture into tiny sausage shapes
and stuff these into the olives.
3. Set up a little station by lining up three plates ? the first with the flour, the second with the whisked eggs, and the last with the breadcrumbs.
4. Pour the vegetable oil into a pan and place over a medium heat. Pop
a cube of bread in the oil, and when it's golden it is ready to use.
5. Working quickly, roll the olives in the flour, followed by the egg, letting any excess drip off, then finally coat in the breadcrumbs. Repeat dipping in the egg and breadcrumbs, then carefully lower into the hot oil and deep fry until golden and crisp.
6. Meanwhile, make your sauce. Place the leftover passata in a small pan with the oregano leaves and dried chilli. Season, place over a medium heat and simmer rapidly for 4?5 minutes until reduced slightly. Stir in a little olive oil and serve with the fried olives and a glass of wine.
Per serving 218 cals, 15.7g fat (2.7g saturated), 4.9g protein, 14.9g carbs, 5.4g sugars
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 45
ingredients? 500g carton of passata
? 354g jar of black olives,
drained, stones removed
? 65g feta
? 1 tbsp capers
? 40g plain flour
? 2 large eggs, whisked
? 200g breadcrumbs
? Vegetable oil, for deep frying
? A cube of bread or potato,
to test the oil
? A few sprigs of fresh oregano, leaves picked
? A good pinch of dried chilli
? Extra virgin olive oil