Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Funky & posh chips
snacks and sides | serves 4
These toppings raise the bar for homemade chips but are equally delicious with roast potatoes.
1. Parboil the chips in salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes until soft but keeping their shape. Drain in a colander and leave to steam until completely dry. This is very important before frying.
2. Heat a deep fryer to 180C or fill a deep saucepan to three-quarters full with vegetable oil over high heat. For safety, clear the kitchen and never leave oil unattended. To test when ready, a cube of bread will turn golden in 10 seconds. Carefully fry the chips, in batches, until golden crisp. Drain on kitchen towel then sprinkle with sea salt.
3. If you’re feeling funky, carefully mix the hot chips with the garlic and chopped parsley, or if posh, drizzle with truffle oil and sprinkle with grated parmesan. Serve nice and hot.
Per serving 658 cals, 47.9g fat (6.1g saturated), 7.1g protein, 47.3g carbs, 1.8g sugars
Recipe Jamie's Italian
Photo Dan Jones
from Issue 17
ingredients• 4 large floury potatoes (about 300g each), peeled, cut into 1cm-thick chips
• Vegetable oil
• 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
• A handful of chopped parsley
• A drizzle of truffle oil (combine with olive oil if it’s very strong)
• 8g grated parmesan