Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Game bird salad with horseradish dressing
main courses | serves 4
"This is made with leftover roast partridge and pheasant, but you can use any game you fancy," says Pete. "Duck would work well, as would roast chicken."
1. Pick the watercress and thyme leaves. Wash the watercress leaves. Trim the crusts off the ciabatta, tear the bread into chunks and whizz in a food processor.
2. Heat oil in a wide non-stick pan and add breadcrumbs, thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and fry until golden. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm. Cook the green beans in simmering salted water. Drain then leave to cool.
3. Put horseradish into a mixing bowl and add the vinegar, crème fraîche, 6 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss the watercress and beans in enough lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to coat. Lay on plates, add chunks of pheasant and partridge, then the dressing and warm crumbs.
Recipe Pete Begg
Photo Kate Whitaker
from Issue 8
ingredients• 2 bunches of watercress
• Few sprigs of fresh thyme
• ½ ready-to-bake ciabatta
• 1 tbsp groundnut oil
• 200g green beans, trimmed
• 2 tbsp freshly grated horseradish
• 2–3 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 3 tbsp crème fraîche
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 300g–400g leftover roast pheasant and partridge, shredded