Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Goodness breakfast with maple pears
breakfast | serves 4-6
Goodness breakfast with maple pears A bit of toasting the night before will give you a wholesome base for a quick and warming breakfast. Top with fruit, yoghurt, seeds or nuts to change things up.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Mix the oats, flakes, quinoa and seeds in a bowl, then scatter onto a roasting tray and toast in the oven for 20 minutes. Check every 5 minutes and give them a shake to ensure they toast evenly. Once golden, cool them, then store in a jar until breakfast.
2. To make your breakfast, put 1 large handful of toasted mix per person in a pan with 200ml almond milk and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes until the grains are tender. Or, cook all the grains at once with 800ml almond milk and cook in the same way – add the extra 200ml of almond milk to loosen slightly, if you like.
3. Meanwhile, heat the pears and maple syrup in a separate pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until just warmed through. Serve your grains topped with warm pear, a drizzle of maple syrup and flaked almonds.
Recipe Anna Jones
Photo Martin Poole
from Issue 35
ingredients• 100g oats
• 100g millet flakes
• 100g barley flakes
• 100g quinoa
• 40g pumpkin seeds
• 40g sesame seeds
• 2 tbsp honey
• 800ml–1 litre almond milk
• Flaked almonds, to serve
• 2 pears, cored and sliced
• 1 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra to serve