Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Grilled picanha with butternut squash
main courses | serves 8
Picanha is a prized cut of beef in Brazil, also known as ‘rump cap’. Ask your butcher for this, or a good quality rump steak will also work.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Place the squash in a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and scatter over the garlic, most of the thyme and the paprika. Cover with kitchen foil and roast for 50–60 minutes, until soft.
2. Meanwhile, season the picanha, then add a splash of oil to a griddle pan and place it over a high heat until smoking hot. Fry the meat in batches for 3 minutes on each side, adding the onion with the last batch.
3. Once the meat is cooked, cover and rest it for 5 minutes. Then sprinkle over the remaining thyme leaves, and serve with the roasted squash.
DRINK 2008 Viña Falernia Syrah Reserva, Elquí Valley, £11.99, Morrison’s
Per serving 415 cals, 21g fat (8.3g sat fats), 41.6g protein, 16.3g carbs, 8g sugars
Recipe Almir Santos
Photo Matt Russell
ingredients• 1 butternut squash (about 1.2kg), peeled and cut into large cubes
• Olive oil
• 4 garlic cloves
• A bunch of thyme, leaves picked
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1.5kg picanha, cut into 2cm slices
• 1 onion, finely sliced