Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
main courses | serves 6-8
1. Preheat your oven to 190C/gas 5. Very carefully cut your squash in half. Remove and reserve the seeds. Cut each half into quarters and lay the pieces in a roasting tray.
2. Quarter larger beetroots and halve smaller ones, then add to the tray. Cut the onion into sixths and tuck
in among the other veg. Remove the fronds from the fennel, popping them in cold water for later, then cut each bulb into 6 wedges and add to the tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
3. In a pestle and mortar pound the coriander seeds with a good pinch each of sea salt and black pepper. Sprinkle this over all the vegetables on the tray and toss to coat.
4. Roast the vegetables for about 40 minutes, shaking halfway through, until soft and golden and just starting to caramelise. Allow to cool slightly.
5. Meanwhile, make your dressing by combining the vinegar, olive oil, mustard and seasoning in a small jug or jam jar. Mix well.
6. Dress the roasted veg while still warm so they soak up all the dressing, then sprinkle over the picked herbs and reserved fennel tops. Cut the pomegranate in half and whack the back of each half with a wooden spoon to release the seeds, then add to the vegetables. Crumble over the feta, then gently toss everything together.
Per serving 310 cals, 20g fat (5g saturated), 9g protein, 24g carbs, 10g sugars
Recipe Ginny Rolfe
from Issue 42
ingredients 1 acorn squash
6 small beetroots, scrubbed
1 red onion
2 fennel bulbs
2 tsp coriander seeds
1 small bunch of mint,
1 small bunch of flat leaf
parsley, leaves picked
150g feta cheese
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dijon mustard