Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Heather honey ice cream
dessert recipes | serves 8
1. Bring the milk and cream to the boil in a large saucepan, then immediately remove from heat. Meanwhile, in a glass bowl, whisk the sugar, honey and egg yolks until light. Gradually add the warm milk mixture to the egg mixture, stirring constantly. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, and stir constantly until the custard coats the back of the spoon. Do not boil or eggs will curdle. Remove from over the water and allow to cool, then pour into an ice-cream maker and churn for 40 minutes.
2. Pour the ice cream into a container and freeze until set. Once set, drizzle with honey and freeze for another 10 minutes.
3. For the sauce, cook the whisky in a saucepan for 1 minute to cook off the alcohol. Stir in the butter and honey, then warm for another minute. Serve with the ice cream, with shortbread on the side.
Per serving 502 cals, 28.4g fat (16.2g saturated), 4.6g protein, 48.5g carbs, 48.5g sugars
Recipe Abi Fawcett
Photo Jan Baldwin
from Issue 15
ingredients• 300ml milk
• 300ml double cream
• 150g caster sugar
• 4 tbsp heather honey, plus drizzle
• 6 egg yolks
• 100ml good-quality whisky
• 50g butter
• 4 tbsp heather honey