Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
snacks and sides | Makes 12
1. Slice the aubergines lengthways into 5mm-thick pieces, trimming the skin from the outer pieces to give you flat finishes on both sides, then brush them with the olive oil.
2. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and, once hot, griddle the aubergine slices for 3 minutes on each side, until char-marked and tender. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, blitz the sundried tomatoes, basil leaves, pine nuts, anchovies and extra virgin olive oil until you have a spreadable paste. Season with freshly ground black pepper and pulse again to combine.
4. Lay a slice of parma on top of each aubergine strip, tearing off the excess to use again, and spread on a little sundried tomato paste. Take a piece of mozzarella and basil leaf, place it at one end of the strip, then roll up and secure with a tooth pick. Serve immediately.
Recipe Joss Herd
Photo Jonathan Gregson
from Issue 50
ingredients• 3 long aubergines (straight ones will work best)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 6 sundried tomatoes in oil
• 15g basil leaves, plus an extra handful to serve
• 50g pine nuts, toasted
• 3 anchovy fillets in oil
• 1˝ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 10 parma ham slices
• 2 x 125g balls of mozzarella, torn into bite-sized pieces