Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Jamie's flash steak
main courses | serves 4
This classic steak dish is one of the best-sellers at Jamie's Italian: here's how to make it at home!
1. Place the steaks on a board and season with salt and pepper. Lay 4 sage leaves on each steak, then cover each steak with 3 slices of prosciutto. Take a meat hammer and pummel the steaks so that the prosciutto sticks to them, then lightly oil the steaks.
2. Get a griddle pan really hot, then add the steaks and cook, turning, to your liking. Allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes, then serve with salsa picante and herbs of your choice dressed with a little olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and ground black pepper.
Recipe Jamie Oliver, Gennaro Contaldo & Jules Hunt
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 3
ingredients• 4 feather steaks
• 16 sage leaves
• 12 slices of prosciutto san daniele
• 80g salsa picante (see recipe in this issue)
• Baby or chopped herbs, to serve
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• Lemon juice