Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Jamie’s Italian’s asparagus fettuccine
main courses | serves 4
This fettuccine is only on the menu the short while asparagus is in season. I think that makes eating it even more special,” says Jamie
1. Add 4 tsp olive oil to a heavy-based pan over a low heat and sweat onion and celery until soft. Add courgette, leek and asparagus stalks and sweat for a further 2–3 minutes. Add most of the basil leaves and when they wilt, add the stock, then simmer until veg are tender. Remove from the heat and, using a hand blender or food processor, blend till creamy. In another frying pan over a low heat, add a little oil and cook garlic till soft, then add the asparagus sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
2. Boil a pan of salted water. Cook fettuccine, and 3 minutes before it’s done, add the asparagus tips. When fettuccine is al dente, drain, reserving a little cooking water, and add to the asparagus sauce. Loosen the pasta and sauce with cooking water, as needed. Stir in remaining basil, and serve with parmesan and pea shoots.
Recipe Jamie's Italian
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 3
ingredients• Extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 small onion, finely diced
• 1 small stick of celery, diced
• 1 medium courgette, finely diced
• 1 small leek, white part only, diced
• 16 stalks of asparagus, tips reserved, stalks thinly sliced
• A small handful of basil leaves
• 300ml vegetable stock
• 1 garlic clove
• 400g fresh or dried fettuccine
• 50g finely grated parmesan cheese
• Pea shoots, to serve