Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Japanese grilled salmon & seaweed salad
main courses | serves 4
1. Whack the grill up to high and line a shallow oven pan with foil. Lay the salmon skin-side down in the pan, spoon over the soy and honey and sprinkle with togarashi seasoning.
2. Place under the grill to cook for 15–18 minutes until dark, sticky and the salmon flakes easily when prodded. Remove from the grill, squeeze over the lime, and set aside.
3. In a small dry frying pan, fry the sesame seeds over a medium heat until just toasted, then set aside.
4. Place the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined. Add the seaweed and spring onion and toss to coat, then do the same with the lettuce. Divide between plates, top with the flaked salmon and a scattering of toasted sesame seeds.
Note: You can buy dried seaweed salad and wakame seaweed at japanesekitchen.co.uk. There is a range of seaweed available: why not experiment and find one you like?
Recipe Joss Herd
Photo Jonathon Gregson
from Issue 38
ingredients• 500g salmon fillet, skinned and pin-boned
• 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
• 2 tbsp acacia honey
• 1 tbsp togarashi seasoning
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
• 20g dried seaweed salad or wakame, shredded (see note)
• 4 spring onions, shredded
• 1 cos lettuce, roughly torn
• Zest of 2 limes, juice of 1
• Zest and juice of 1 orange
• 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
• 1 tbsp sesame oil