Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Jersey royal potato salad
breakfast | serves 6–8
“Jersey royals are the king of the new potatoes,” says Andrew. “I’ve been to Jersey before the harvest and seen the pride among the local community when the season kicks in, and it reminded me of the passion Italians have for their olive groves and vineyards.”
1. Cook the jersey royals and mint stalks in a saucepan of salted boiling water for about 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Drain and leave to cool in the colander (for the best flavour, avoid cooling the potatoes by rinsing in cold water).
2. While potatoes are cooling, place the onion in a bowl, pour over the red wine vinegar and leave to marinate.
3. Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, crush them slightly with your hands into a large salad bowl, drain and add the onions along with the cornichons and mint. Season, add a splash of olive oil and serve.
Per serving 123 cals, 1.1g fat (0.2g saturated), 3.4g protein, 22.1g carbs, 4.2g sugars
Recipe Andrew Parkinson & Dean McClumpha
from Issue 30
ingredients• 1kg jersey royal new potatoes, skins scrubbed
• 60g mint, leaves picked and finely torn, stalks reserved
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 250ml red wine vinegar
• 200g cornichons, sliced into strips
• Olive oil